Tuesday, September 8, 2009

oh jonathan adler...

I went to South Beach in Miami this summer with my three girlfriends...and we had a blast! As my friends were busy taking pictures of themselves...I, being the design dork that I am, was constantly stopping to snap pictures of inspiring architecture, artwork, etc.

Inspiration was everywhere....one of my favorite shots was a wall of "shoebox" art at a local Starbucks. I mean, I think I am creative...but this? who thinks of this?


oh! and the pattern on this vintage grate:



and..what about this display of portraits at the local anthropologie store?



One night after dinner, we walked past Jonathan Adler's store (and, dang it!, it was closed).


Never fear.....I made it back the next day b/c I HAD to get inside. I spent an hour in there...sitting on the couches, trying to make friends with the sales girl (yes, a little bizarre, I know!) I couldn't help it...I love all his work. I didn't want to look too pathetic so I only snapped one photo while inside. I was especially drawn to the pillows and rugs...love the bold colors with the modern, yet vintage twist.



You don't have to go to South Beach to get a taste of Jonathan Adler. Check out his "design your own" pillows, rugs, totes and more at jonathanadler.com! You KNOW we are suckers for great personalized goods for your home.

No comments:

Post a Comment