Tuesday, January 27, 2009

from house to home....

ok....so, if you know me, you know that my husband and I spent the last 2.5 years in Cleveland, Ohio in a historic, 1929 brick tudor. It had original hardwood floors, built ins, radiators......lots of character. However, we recently relocated back to the Chicago area.....back to the "burbs."

Although we enjoyed our stint in our vintage home, we were ready for central air, more closet space and some modern amenities. We found a house with great "bones" but it needed to be completely gutted. Being the ambitious couple that we are....we purchased it. Great bones and all.....

With that said, I am beginning my series on trying to rehab an uber chic and modern home in the burbs. Kind of seems impossible, huh??? "Modern and chic in the burbs"....well, we are doing our best. Let me start by showing you some before pictures. Now, remember, you HAVE to have some vision when you look at these......think "great open floor plan" and repeat that several times to yourself until you believe that something can really be done with this place.



















No comments:

Post a Comment