Thursday, August 27, 2009

thankful thursday : 2

Well...it's another Thursday. The week has flown by! With school starting and a great influx of orders for us, Brooke and I have been B U S Y.

I've been looking forward to this post all week. I am so glad I'm doing these "thankful Thursdays"...especially this week.

You see, I always love my mom, but she has been especially on my mind since just celebrated a birthday this weekend. I won't tell you how old she is, but I can guarantee you that once you see how amazing she looks... you would be shocked if I told you her real age. She is beautiful and wonderful and has taught me so much about being a great mother. She and my dad (who are still happily married) managed to successfully raise five happy, healthy and successful daughters.

My mom with my oldest son, Devon, this summer at a family wedding.


She came over for dinner last night and when I watched her with my dad (who is equally as wonderful) interact with my boys....it filled my heart with so much gladness. My boys are so lucky to have a Nana who adores them and I am so lucky to have a mom that has always been my biggest fan, my counselor, my teacher and my friend.

Thanks Mommy...you are the best and I am especially thankful for you on this Thursday (and everyday).

p.s. If you live in the Chicago area and need an interior designer or custom window treatments...you'd be a fool not to contact my mom...she is a rock star when it comes to design.

1 comment:

  1. Your mom is bee-utiful and your son is a doll! You are very blessed. :)

    ReplyDelete