Sunday, August 16, 2009

my letter to stephanie....



For those of you who read the nie nie dialogues...and are aware of Stephanie Nielson and her beautiful family, you will understand why she was consuming my thoughts and prayers this weekend. For those of you who haven't heard of Stephanie...I can assure you, after you are introduced to her, that you will fall in love with her, the entire Nielson family and their inspiring story.

I know the chances of Stephanie and I ever crossing paths are extremely slim...so I wanted to send a message of thanks through cyberspace, in hopes that she runs across it someday.

Dear Stephanie,
When I read about your accident last year...I sat in front of my computer for hours reading through (devouring) your blog..and guess what? You changed my life forever. This is what I have learned from you:

1. Slow down and s a v o r the time I have with my three beautiful boys.
2. Make date nights a bigger priority for me and my hubby.
3. Don't let a day go by without thanking God for all the good in my life.
4. Do more to help others.
5. See the blessings in all of life's challenging situations.

On this day...I just wanted to say thank you. You make me want to be a better mother, wife, sister, daughter and friend.
xoxo
Stacy


side note: last year when I read about Stephanie's story...I designed a canvas print to help with her recovery fund. I named it the nie nie birds print and I vowed to send her 20% of the profits on the sale of these prints for as long as I'm in business....so far, so good.

4 comments:

  1. wow. thank you for this. I had never heard her story before and just spent hours perusing her blog archives as well. what an amazing woman.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are welcome lady elle! I'm so glad I could be the one to introduce you to Nie....I guarantee you will be thinking about her for days to come.
    xo
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nie's blog has been a favorite of mine for years. There isn't a week that passes without some thought of her and her inspiring story. Way before her accident, I would look forward to reading the stories of her charming outlook on life. She is an amazing and beautiful woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mind has been on NieNie for the last few days and I could have written your letter above, myself. She is such an inspiration to me and I have become a better mother and wife because of her blog. It's fantastic that you created a print in her honor. Your artwork is beautiful!

    ~Kim
    The TomKat Studio
    Project Nursery

    ReplyDelete